Rehabilitation Officer – Visual Impairment: Vision Rehabilitation Specialist
|£32,000 per annum ( pro-rata for part-time) depending on qualification.|
|Full-time, Part-time 37 & 22.5 hours per week|
|Flexible closing date|
This vacancy is eligible for a joining bonus of £1000. Additionally, we are open to discussing a relocation package up to £5000.
Closing date: Flexible
Interview date: TBC
We are seeking qualified Rehabilitation Officers to work with visually impaired adults in our Northumberland Service.
As part of the role you will:
- Meet and support service users by undertaking comprehensive assessments to identify the options available to meet their needs
- Manage own case load
- Undertake case recording
- Develop person centered support plans linked to outcomes
- Provide professional/appropriate advice and assistance to the service users and when required signpost them to other services
To be successful for this post:
- Have experience of working with visually impaired people
- Be able to undertake needs led assessments, rehabilitation,
- Able to manage a comprehensive case load
- Be able to use the internal database.
It is essential that you have a Diploma in Rehabilitation studies and in respect of this post we have a salary progression scheme.
If you are passionate about improving the quality of life for people with a visual impairment and hold a full driving license* with access to a vehicle, then we would like to hear from you (* reasonable adjustments are in place for people with a disability).
You will be home based but will be needed to travel to Morpeth on occasions such as Team Meetings.
To apply for this role, you can email your CV to us with a supporting statement, apply online or complete our application form and email this to us. If you are Deaf, we welcome applications in BSL. Find out more here.